TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What are the functions of the Office@Hand App for Salesforce?
The Office@Hand App for Salesforce.com enhances your CRM experience with integrated business communications. With the Office@Hand App installed on your computer, you can place calls from within Salesforce by simply clicking on contact or account records. Your incoming calls trigger a pop-up window with the caller’s account information. And you can attach call notes to specific contact records.
To get started with the Salesforce adapter, refer to the Administrator and User guides.
2. What are the benefits and features of the Office@Hand App for Salesforce?
The benefits are the following:
All together, these capabilities increase call efficiency, facilitate organizational collaboration and enhance customer interaction.
- Seamless integration between phone system and Salesforce CRM, improving workflow and increasing productivity
- Click-to-dial directly from any contact phone number in Salesforce, saving time and increasing efficiency
- Incoming calls automatically launch a pop-up window of the caller’s account records.
- Work multiple interactions at once
- New records – accounts, contacts, leads – can easily be created while on a call
- Real-time call notes are automatically saved to the corresponding record
- Call logs let users review recent activities
- Easy to install and use, just like your Salesforce CRM.
NOTE: The Office@Hand App for Salesforce is compatible with Windows and supports Salesforce Enterprise Edition.
3. What browsers are supported?
The following browsers are supported by Office@Hand Salesforce.com App:
While IE8 and Firefox 3.5 are supported, performance is significantly improved in browsers like:
- IE8 +
- Firefox 3.5 +
- Chrome 10 +
NOTE: For optimal user experience, we recommend using Firefox.
- Firefox 10+
- Chrome 13+
4. Why don’t I see any new tab/window opening for incoming calls?
You must make sure that pop-ups are not blocked by browser settings or some other pop-up blocker software installed on your desktop.
5. Can I use the same adapter across multiple Salesforce.com instances (or "orgs")?
You can use the same adapter across as many orgs as you want as long as the user is not logged into two or more orgs simultaneously. Simultaneous logins are not supported.
6. Can I use same adapter across multiple browser types (IE and Firefox)?
Same adapter can be used across as many browsers as you want as long as the user is not logged into two or more browser types simultaneously. This means that the user cannot be logged into salesforce.com on Internet Explorer and Firefox at the same time. Simultaneous logins are not supported.
7. Why is my Softphone not visible for some profiles? Does it require some special permission?
8. What should I do if the incoming number does not match any record, the pop up page gives “Insufficient Privileges”?
Add access to the VisualForce page "CreateNewObjectANI" to all profiles/ user in the org.
9. Why are my users receiving a "Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely" Security Warning in Internet Explorer when they use the Office@Hand Salesforce.com application?
This warning is a "Mixed Content Warning". It indicates that you are accessing Salesforce.com over HTTPS, but communicating with the CTI adapter over HTTP.
10. Where can I download the Office@Hand Salesforce App installer?
You can download the Office@Hand Salesforce App installer from your online account.
If you need this feature, contact your Account Manager.